Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Caleb: 6 Weeks

I am finally getting around to adding the weekly updates we send the family to the blog. It's really neat looking back at how much has changed in just a short time.

Headline News this week:

* We survive his 6-week growth spurt, which began with a 4-feeding night and culminated with a 24 hour cycle where I fed him 15 times! He gave us a nice break the next day by sleeping, sleeping, sleeping. We even got to catch up on a few of our favorite TV shows.
* He is getting to be more and more engaged with the world. Not only does he pay attention to his mobile and enjoy knocking Mr. Bear over, he looks at the pages in a book when I read to him and seems to be listening to music. Each morning around 10/10:30 he seems to like a bit of play time on his mat. I sing, clap and dance for him and he just loves it. After about 20 minutes or so he usually lets me know it's time to be held again.
* The swing and sling are taking some warming up to, but he has spent up to 20 minutes in both happily. I'm also able to lay him down for a few 30 minute naps each day which helps me catch up on chores and write emails : ) I still get lots of rest though, since the first half of his nap is usually spent snuggling on my chest while I read and he falls into a deep sleep.
* Yesterday we took him out on a few errands (we needed to get them done, but we also needed to get out of our 90 degree house) and Caleb had a poop-splosion all over mommy's shirt and his onesie. Good thing I carry spares of each!
* Another big milestone yesterday was Caleb giving us his first practice smiles. They weren't milk related, but they don't seem to be true social smiles yet. I have a feeling we'll be seeing one soon though!
* News from the parent side of life: Our AC is getting fixed this coming Weds, yay! And Caleb and I are going to stay with friends on the 2 days the workmen are here so A.) We don't have to worry about lead paint exposure and B.) We don't have to worry about Caleb not getting to sleep with all the noise (the downside of him being more aware of his environment).

No comments: