Monday, January 24, 2011

Speaking of Eating...

One of my goals this month has been trying to stay on top of the budget weekly instead of letting it pile up. The good news is- we are doing great at meeting our goals. The bad news? I realized today that I have exactly $10.80 left in my grocery budget for this last week of the month.

My mission is to live out of our pantry and actually achieve the goal of staying under (or at) budget. I could pull extra from another "envelope", David even offered to raise the monthly grocery budget this year, but I really want to challenge myself to stay at our current number one more year. We'll see how it goes, but I thought maybe sharing my goal would add some accountability and motivate me even more.

Any great ideas for how to lower your grocery budget? I'm always looking to add another idea to my homemaker tool kit!

No comments: