Monday, March 14, 2011

Random Mom Thoughts

Just a few thoughts that have run across my mind today in my life as a mom, plus a couple bonus pictures of Mr. Adorable himself.

~I never thought I'd need an instruction manual to put together a sippy cup. Turns out, not only do I need it, I had to read it thrice before I could get any liquid to come out.

~My son, who now spurns the bottle, will happily drink from his sippy and cry when it's empty.

~I hauled one 17lb baby, 2 gallons of milk, 1 diaper bag and 1 reusable bag full of groceries up a flight of stairs today. A personal best in my mental mom Olympics.

~Caleb is growing up way, way, way too fast.

Other thoughts for the day include how much I'm going to miss everyone in Florida and how excited I am to see friends and family who live up north. Any chance I can convince all of you to relocate to dutch country PA? We don't get that much snow and have the best sweet corn you've ever tasted. Really, it's that good!

I'm really excited about Project Simplfy's hot spot this week: paper clutter. I'm not very good at handling the paper clutter we get at our house in PA, but here in the apartment, lacking any filing system what-so-ever, it's piling up, despite best efforts. I certainly don't want to be packing any junk mail to take back with us! I feel so much less stressed about the move now that these projects are helping me get ready a piece at a time.

No comments: